Virginie Guillemette Poems
- Basquiat Dream A black smattering of voodoo goo Shell shock ...
- Call Waiting pregnant pauses in that silvery silence ...
- Pater Nostra I know better than to test you Cosmic Man You...
- How I Avoid The Truth I medicate myself with you like buying...
- Giest Liebe i am afraid of your ghost hiding behind ...
- Boyscouts You are like a lover to me always there always ...
- On Being In Boxes Hard walled and White ON GUARD ...
It was at some point in late summer in Bromptonville, Quebec Canada, located in the northeastern reaches of North America, in the Western Hemisphere of planet Earth,1976 in which an x chromasome and a Y chromasome from my mother and father, Ginette and Pierre Guillemette, respectively, irreversibly fused, thus creating a small conscious blip in the the radar of the universe...and after naming said blip 'Virginie Helena Marie Guillemette' (those catholics and thier fondness for long nomenclatures! ...) proceeded to do thier best (which is a hopeful statement on my part, not a demonstrable fact) to raise this small creature in the Post-Modern culturally conflicted ambiguously post-hippie... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A black smattering of voodoo goo
Shell shock eyes that won’t
Let light through
You are dark as the pitch pools
Phantasms and ghouls
in shrouded heart jewels
Heart of Darkness
lie still in me
stillness in stillborn
Like Anansi trick thread
The ghosts of what I’ve been
Beating out through djembe skin