Wes Magee Poems
- What is the Sun? The Sun is an orange dinghy sailing across ...
- The Chimney Boy's Story 'Inside the chimney, high I ...
- At the End of a School Day It is the end of a school day ...
- Until Gran Died The minnow I caught Lived for a few days in ...
- The Boneyard Rap This is the rhythm of the boneyard ...
Wes Magee is a poet and children's author who was born in Greenock, Scotland in July, 1939. He has published 6 collections of poetry for adults, and more than 90 books for children including poetry, fiction, plays, picture books, and anthologies. He now lives in the hamlet of Thorgill, on the North Yorkshire Moors. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
What is the Sun?
The Sun is an orange dinghy
sailing across a calm sea
it is a gold coin
dropped down a drain in Heaven
the Sun is a yellow beach ball
kicked high into the summer sky
it is a red thumb-print
on a sheet of pale blue paper
the Sun is a milk bottle's gold top
floating in a puddle