Wyndon Villafuerte Poems
- My Beloved Island Of Guam In a paradise underneath the sky, ...
- Tanka 1 (Japanese) 海 岸 で 波 ...
- A Tribute To My Dojo June 25,2009 Though bright and sunny ...
- Japanese Haiku 4 夏 の 日 に ...
- Japanese Haiku 18 桧 葉 曲 げ ...
- To My Brother Every time I think of thee, I Lose myself in ...
- Japanese Haiku 3 母 の 愛 温 ...
My name is Wyndon Villafuerte and I am an amateur poet. I'm actually an artist (I do Western and Japanese calligraphy, portraiture, and some manga or anime) but I got into poetry just recently from reading poems online. Since then, my interest in the art of poetry has grown a whole lot and I wish to become better at it.
The kinds of poems I like to write are Japanese haiku in both ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Wyndon Villafuerte
My Beloved Island Of Guam
In a paradise underneath the sky,
The atmosphere seemingly appears calm;
But there is more to it than meets the eye
On the tiny island I call Guam.
It’s an island that no one seems to know,
Located in the middle of nowhere,
Where the lush palm trees abundantly grow
And the scent of salt permeates the air.
It’s a place where the people are friendly,
And are willing to lend a helping hand;
Greeting you with warm hospitality
In a language you might not understand.
“Hafa adai! ” (Hah-fah-day) a common phrase one might say,