YasminAj Sesinyi Poems
- Mama, I'm In Love With A Poet! I'm in-love with a man who ...
- Father Here i am sitting on the cold floor. But not as cold ...
- Deep Within Deep within, where tears can not reach and eyes...
- If Death Is All There Is.. Knees hurt heart aches. Chest ...
- Slow Down Do you ever watch carefully the sun as it leaves ...
- Dark Beauty
- It's War That I Declare Somewhere between unity and war, we...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about YasminAj Sesinyi
It's War That I Declare
Somewhere between unity and war,
we find ourselves trapped by the claws of our lack of expression.
Whether its them over-powering our rights,
or us enslaved by our own silence.
We have begged so much we lost our dignity,
looked so well we forgot to find our own selves,
worked so hard we forgot who we are,
or maybe cried so much we lost our voices.
I declare war,
i stand for those whose voices are dead,
those whose blood watered this land.
Africa, its war that i declare.
Prepare your shields and polish your swords
the war has already began.