3 Years Since
3 years since that hate filled night.
Now my heart and mind are full of blithe.
I miss you so I'm haunted now.
By all the things I lost in you.
3 years since yet to pay my full recompence.
How much I despair at a loss so unfair.
With vitriol so plain and cruel,
I'm sickened by the things I did to you.
I disgust myself my hate filled soul.
I loved you then I love you now.
I hurt you though I threatened your life.
I sincerely pay in my wretched mental health.
My world is crushed my soul is too.
3 years since our hearts are bruised.
Can we heal the wounds the wretched deeds?
All I want is to speak to thee.
Tell you now how truly proud,
I was and am to have had you around.
You enriched my life my blackened soul,
You gave me a sense of direction a needed goal.
3 years though since I lost my best friend.
Why can't I ever get it right an eternal frown.
I tell you now in total truth.
You're my world my soul no other one will do but you.
A soul so pure a heart so big.
You truly are a great woman be big and proud.
You deserve the best no fools for you.
3 years now before God I pray,
that one day soon you'll hear my tune.
Please forgive me love I hurt here too.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (3 Years Since by Michael McParland )
- Behind The Mountains, Bismark Sosu
- Sonnet # 530, Luis Estable
- Jesus saw something in me that others fa.., Royston Allen
- Seasons Away, Bismark Sosu
- "What manner of Man is this? ".., Royston Allen
- The Bench, Renee Russon
- Sonnet # 529, Luis Estable
- Desire, Deborah Kelley
- DO NOT ASSUME, Donald R Charon
- poisons by s.r 2, skye robertson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)