A Chat With a Friend
Here hard work is not what make people rich. its finding something to make it easier for people to live. or making something a lot of people like. something that will have mass consumers. you see what I'm saying? the only way to get rich here is to play the game the other rich people are playing. my father is a landscaper Ive told you before, incredibly hardworking, gets promoted in like a month when he starts somewhere new. and even though he is the most hardworking person I know, we have always been struggling. like where we can't afford a home. and barely enough to eat every day. And we weren't the lower class. the harder you work the less you make. its the easy jobs that get money. The jobs that have a mass appeal. artists are suffering here because modern art doesnt appeal to everyone but a design on a tee shirt that lil wayne wore will sell because we people want what the media tells them too. Hard work almost gets you nowhere here, its clever thinking and tricking the people. I think sometimes hard work can and will pay off. Maybe for just you, or your family though. I don't think it could help the mass.. I dont think unless you have something like a sad story that they will listen, and even when they listen facebook will wipe their memory with funny pictures and drama..
Jeremy Rascon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chat With a Friend by Jeremy Rascon )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan