A child's perspective....
There's an angel in the curtains
mummy, mummy come and see.
Daughter, daughter I can see her
she's as pretty as can be!
Why is she in the curtains?
Mummy, mummy tell me do.
She is your guardian angel
and she watches over you.
Will she come and play with me?
I've great games we could play.
No dear, you must find some friends
and they will play those games.
So if she's my guardian angel
who watches over her?
Daughter darling daughter
God watches over her.
And mummy, mummy tell me
who watches over God?
No one, darling daughter
but we can give God love.
Then mummy I will love him
by morning and by night.
I don't want him to be lonely
when he's in bed at night.
Ruth Walters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A child's perspective.... by Ruth Walters )
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)