A Comedy Of Errors
A Comedy of Errors Date Written 18/10/2007
The whole world is a stage
I am, but, an errant actor
Who refuses to learn her lines.
A wannabe writer of her own play,
Theatrical themes, plays within plays.
I call to the cowering cast:
Observe the petty producers
Pushing pointless purposes..
We act. We fluff. We shine.
And all the time we crave the apathetic applause.
The show must go on
Despite nobody watching.
Mimetic mirrors muzzle our minds.
Producers choose directors,
Directors choose actors,
Actors choose props..
Made and sold by those same producers
Who bought the writers..
Of this comedy of errors.
Clare McWilliams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Comedy Of Errors by Clare McWilliams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- pray to me, tara mahdavi
- pray, tara mahdavi
- Shame, gajanan mishra
- Wisdom and Sacrifice, Steven Rhoads
- The Twilight Zone, Neela Nath
- Greedy Thoughts, Tony Adah
- To do the needful, gajanan mishra
- If truth can have, hasmukh amathalal
- I didn't go on the internet this morning, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Government: We Deserve, douglas scotney