A Comedy Of Errors
A Comedy of Errors Date Written 18/10/2007
The whole world is a stage
I am, but, an errant actor
Who refuses to learn her lines.
A wannabe writer of her own play,
Theatrical themes, plays within plays.
I call to the cowering cast:
Observe the petty producers
Pushing pointless purposes..
We act. We fluff. We shine.
And all the time we crave the apathetic applause.
The show must go on
Despite nobody watching.
Mimetic mirrors muzzle our minds.
Producers choose directors,
Directors choose actors,
Actors choose props..
Made and sold by those same producers
Who bought the writers..
Of this comedy of errors.
Clare McWilliams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Comedy Of Errors by Clare McWilliams )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- Retrace, Sunny Chopra
- Diversity-in-Unity*, Tushar Ray
- Nobody Home - 2. Passive Voice, Joseph Archer
- a written poem, animesh sapkota
- Nobody Home - 1. Forever We Roll, Joseph Archer
- Losing Interest, Dawson Walter Smith
- Thirteen Ways To Look at Flowers, Mason Liu
- Suicide, Michael P. McParland
- Man in the Moon, Diana Landry Bardsly
- Indian English Poetry: A Study In Scatte.., Bijay Kant Dubey