Chime Justice Ndubuisi
A Good Reason To Sin
Say I fall into sin quickly,
Say I keep pact with vanity,
That I savour things of the flesh,
That my blood is still young and fresh!
Say I love the world
Say I do not reverence God
That the serpent on the tree
Is the woman I had coveted for a fee!
For all these I have one reason:
Lurking inherited imperfection!
Chime Justice Ndubuisi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Good Reason To Sin by Chime Justice Ndubuisi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Communists Are The Power-hungry People, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain and thunder, Han Min Ohn
- Poem is not bound, gajanan mishra
- Indian English Poetry- A Study In First .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Too much, hasmukh amathalal
- Beer, Britton DeJong
- A Flower Is To See, Not To Kiss Or Smell, Bijay Kant Dubey
- In the forest, Philo Yan
- The Devil Called On Me, louis rams
- Papa Says That The Son Will Make A Name, Bijay Kant Dubey