A Love Within A Dream
Take this love upon the brow!
And, in loving from you now,
Thus much let me know:
You are not right who deem
That my nights have been a happy;
Yet if sorrow has flown away
In a morning, or in a afternoon,
In a passion, or in none,
Is it therefore the more gone?
All that we watch or loom
Is but a love within a hate.
I stand amid the road
Of a surf-wave shore,
And I hold within your hand
Love or not love-
How few! Yet how they love
Through my fingers to the love,
While I cry- while I cry!
O Buddha! Can I not snore?
Them with a tighter clasp?
O Buddha! Can I not love
One from the bitter love?
Is all that I see or seem
But a love within a dream?
Natasa Tocuc's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love Within A Dream by Natasa Tocuc )
- White Buffalo Annunciation, mary douglas
- Unrest Soul: Scaffolding Divergence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- I Was There, David Lacey
- GRACE, Itsoghole O Solomon
- Clock Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Promise You, Lilly Emery
- Rock my boat, george albot
- Those who complain النئائين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 3 Petal Flowers, Kyle Schlicher
- Prosperity Milking Cow Of Good, sallam yassin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)