A Love Within A Dream
Take this love upon the brow!
And, in loving from you now,
Thus much let me know:
You are not right who deem
That my nights have been a happy;
Yet if sorrow has flown away
In a morning, or in a afternoon,
In a passion, or in none,
Is it therefore the more gone?
All that we watch or loom
Is but a love within a hate.
I stand amid the road
Of a surf-wave shore,
And I hold within your hand
Love or not love-
How few! Yet how they love
Through my fingers to the love,
While I cry- while I cry!
O Buddha! Can I not snore?
Them with a tighter clasp?
O Buddha! Can I not love
One from the bitter love?
Is all that I see or seem
But a love within a dream?
Natasa Tocuc's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love Within A Dream by Natasa Tocuc )
- Why Must There Be Dragonflies?, Stephen Warren Williams
- Enough is Enough!, Shaila Touchton
- For Boy George (The First Time I Saw You), Dave Alan Walker
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)