A Love Within A Dream
Take this love upon the brow!
And, in loving from you now,
Thus much let me know:
You are not right who deem
That my nights have been a happy;
Yet if sorrow has flown away
In a morning, or in a afternoon,
In a passion, or in none,
Is it therefore the more gone?
All that we watch or loom
Is but a love within a hate.
I stand amid the road
Of a surf-wave shore,
And I hold within your hand
Love or not love-
How few! Yet how they love
Through my fingers to the love,
While I cry- while I cry!
O Buddha! Can I not snore?
Them with a tighter clasp?
O Buddha! Can I not love
One from the bitter love?
Is all that I see or seem
But a love within a dream?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love Within A Dream by Natasa Tocuc )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- JUST GREAT, James Christopher Stevens
- I Love Strippers (rev), Barry Jablonski
- Old Jack The Mole, David Threadgold www.david ..
- OUR REAL REALITY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As you sow, so, you reap, Aftab Alam
- 1 Soul + Another =____?, LUVinThe NOW
- Rise of the Fallen, Maverick Jones
- your memory barks in my old blue trunk, Mandolyn Davidson
- i run with an ax, Mandolyn Davidson
- i smile because it makes you look good, Mandolyn Davidson