A Medusa's calling…
As its translucent body rings-out
Under an unheard, jet propulsion…
Question; does it cast shadows?
Does its prey know of an answer?
To this rhythmic, Medusa's calling…
It's a death squad of little stings?
Why is it they, avoid shadows.
Contracting in the suns arrows…
Why does a bell without a gong.
Cause such alarm just wearing,
A sarong, swimming, vertically,
Diligently, towards the rising sun…
Why do they disguise themselves?
As a millpond ripple is it in order
That we shall ignore their riddle?
And, think them an innocent suspect.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Medusa's calling… by Mark Heathcote )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland