A Medusa's calling…
As its translucent body rings-out
Under an unheard, jet propulsion…
Question; does it cast shadows?
Does its prey know of an answer?
To this rhythmic, Medusa's calling…
It's a death squad of little stings?
Why is it they, avoid shadows.
Contracting in the suns arrows…
Why does a bell without a gong.
Cause such alarm just wearing,
A sarong, swimming, vertically,
Diligently, towards the rising sun…
Why do they disguise themselves?
As a millpond ripple is it in order
That we shall ignore their riddle?
And, think them an innocent suspect.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Medusa's calling… by Mark Heathcote )
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
- child full of love, Miss. Tanease Berry
- ACTUAL SIZE, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Temptation, Misty Wills
- Lust, Tania Montgomery
- I catch in there plummet:, Mark Heathcote
- Old Man with Baggy Specs, Kumarmani Mahakul
- The Gamesome Boy, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Beauty In The Seeing, Richard Provencher
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)