A Medusa's calling…
As its translucent body rings-out
Under an unheard, jet propulsion…
Question; does it cast shadows?
Does its prey know of an answer?
To this rhythmic, Medusa's calling…
It's a death squad of little stings?
Why is it they, avoid shadows.
Contracting in the suns arrows…
Why does a bell without a gong.
Cause such alarm just wearing,
A sarong, swimming, vertically,
Diligently, towards the rising sun…
Why do they disguise themselves?
As a millpond ripple is it in order
That we shall ignore their riddle?
And, think them an innocent suspect.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Medusa's calling… by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Himalayas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Steeler Rocky Bleier, Richard Thripp
- To Be A Boy Again, Paul Gerard Reed
- World in Denial, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- A True Poet, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Tandem in time, Elijah o.b Zoff
- A Lady, gbenga amusan
- pelican crossing, lee fones
- Supermax, David Keplinger
- jeremy kyle 30 sec ditty, lee fones