L C Vieira
A Most Important Thing
So, you've decided to stay a year,
no pity for my torment,
and I smile, and congratulate you
on your wonderful common sense.
I put down my drink and excuse myself,
and steal away for help,
to lean against something cold and hard,
and there try to catch my breath.
Just when I'm feeling some control,
you bring me news like this;
I'm on the edge of letting go,
and now I can't resist.
One more year of all these thoughts,
another year of this,
frustrated secret longings,
avoidances and risks.
While I stumble dazed in passing you,
I'll focus on what's best:
a most important thing is that
you find your happiness.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Most Important Thing by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Abs to Heart, Lonnie Hicks
- Better New Days, Rinji Kwarkas
- When KKK is Gay, Jack Abootydallah
- Oak Tree where The Black Birds Sleep, Lilly Emery
- Superman, Olusegun Akanbi
- الذبابة الزرقاء, Abdullah alHemaidy
- What, Olusegun Akanbi
- Pervola, Elia Michael
- RAMADAN رمضان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore