Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu
A Psalm For 'Ezz'
You are a Queen,
That rules my tamed heart
With a potion of passionate flames.
You are a bright star,
Shining a raging light upon my quest
For when the dawn shall set
And my journey laid to rest
Your hands shall lay upon my shoulder and mine your slim waist.
In your eyes shall hope be found,
Of refuge sought by a fugitive heart.
Your courage lends an undying pride,
To fight through thorn and blade
In the shackles of eternal pledge.
My fountain shall rage,
All through the night
When the love's game is fought.
In the realm of Ezz,
Sweet dreams is lived
For an eternal dance with the stars.
Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Psalm For 'Ezz' by Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham