A Sad Face Followed Me Around
A sad face followed me around.
It could not be consoled.
When I turned around to look at it.
It looked at me sadly,
Even more sad.
I asked this face what had,
I just looked me with sadness.
I was shifting in my shoes by now,
Not knowing what to do or say.
Then he mustered up his courage,
To say, he had just returned,
From a place of sadness,
Where the plume had been taken away from his hand.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sad Face Followed Me Around by Vera Sidhwa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Success is Counted Sweetest, Emily Dickinson
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Shippi, Edward Kofi Louis
- Occurrence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mattter Out of Control, Panmelys
- [~s05e17~]Watch Pretty Little Liars Seas.., Renz Barns
- 100- - 1- - .00001, douglas scotney
- Venereal, Edward Kofi Louis
- Size XXL, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Interpretations Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Great Geometric Inflation, douglas scotney
- My Dream, RISHAD MKPNR