A Soul Like Mine
If I were to find a soul like mine,
Someone who thinks as I do,
Someone whose every step rhymes with mine.....
That's all I'd ask - my wants are few
How easy it would be to adore him,
I'd always know what to say;
All his thoughts would be like my own,
We'd be the same in every way
He'd hate injustice, hypocrisy as well,
The plight of the poor makes him cry;
Bigotry and prejudice find no place in his heart,
He shuns it all..... the same as I
O, to find a soul like mine,
Love would be plentiful and strong;
The strength of our love would carry us
When the day fails and the night is all wrong
We'd know how to comfort each other,
He'd love me unconditionally;
And when I see his poverty revealed,
I would bring him my charity
Where will I look for a soul like mine,
What foreign ground must I traverse;
Where should I look - does he even exist?
Perhaps....... in a parallel universe!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Soul Like Mine by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Jena Crowe, you Should get a job at Wal-.., Mandolyn ...
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey