Agricultural, Implements and Machinery
Poor laborers, they did sad bewail,
When the machine displaced the flail ;
Theres little work, now, with the hoes,
Since cultivators weed the rows.
Labor it became more fickle
When the scythe took place of sickle ;
Labor still it did sink lower
By introduction of mower ;
And the work was done much cheaper
When they added on the reaper.
Another machine to it they join,
Mower, reaper, binder, they combine.
Machines now load and stow away
Both the barley and the hay,
And the farmers do get richer
With the loader and the pitcher.
Theres little work now for the hoes,
Since cultivators weed the rows ;
They sow and rake by the machine-
Hand labor's 'mong the things have been.
Armed with scythes, the old war chariot
Cut down men in the fierce war riot ;
Round farmer's chariot falls the slain,
But 'tis the sheaves of golden grain.
This harvest, now, of eighty-four,
Will great wealth on farmers pour,
For there is abundant yield
Of fruitful crops in every field.
James McIntyre's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Agricultural, Implements and Machinery by James McIntyre )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- No worries, creative killer
- I had a dream we were back together again, ernestine howqard
- Kisses, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Heather Burns, Abdullah alHemaidy
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson