Spanish Horse Boy
That Europe wants cast from places too wet and damp
that actual humans can't inhabit
I can teach you how to be more human
But your grass grains kept my Elders alive
And they covered for you when they ran into the night with their diamonds.
Your eyes are such dark pearls
Your mouth is as dark pink as a berry-freshly picked
Your face is gold shone blown from the air.
Horse Spanish Boy
My Pygmalion ways
would cause catastrophe: for you are pure art.
Yes, that I would live in your treehouses
Yes, that I would play guitar with one string
And learn all your dances
and leave my best dresses behind.
But Roma, Roma, Roma!
You have no home state, no country to make demands from
And they are not impressed with flamenco music
or the special way your women wash their hair with flowers.
Europe pretends to be strong against every gypsy who has broken horses.
I would walk down that road with you
I would walk right in the middle
to be with my Spanish Horse Boy
to show him we are all galaxies and roads are paved with the past.
I would walk down that main road for you.
But you have no diamond for me.
Still, I would love you from afar
Eli Spivakovsky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Andalusian by Eli Spivakovsky )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)