As A Kid (Belonging Feels Good)
Lo, bdellovibrio, broken yoke of wings
As a kid... thy say!
Oh rope the throat for...ME
Poster seed for
My case... was to bestow esteem
Back to reminscing
That's supposed to mean
But that's before my 'teens'
I heard I wasn't capable of doing important things
Heard my life was disgusting
That I was born a...
Now when you hear this as a youngster
From adults... it's grief!
Plus I had to deal with the struggle
We were catching
She was sitting there hoping that a blessing fell
The only thing we'd receive was more...
Seldom extra money to breath
We couldn't dress as well
I'd develop a scheme to finally be... somebody
I was young, dumb, and stupid and trying to
Now as I look at and view it back I can see the problem
I just thought belonging was good
I wasn't thinking whopper
That was then... now is my LIFE
Now I'm pursuing
I don't think God would grudge us for what we do as babies
The ONLY thing that was rubbish was where we'd choose to STATION
You can't take the misery from them but they can choose to claim it
But I witness merciless monsters who want to see me fall
Yea... they can point out your blunders but they don't see the cause
Now I put this on my mother...
If I could freeze the ball
Go back to the heart of my bungles and don't repeat the faults
I would... but I couldn't... I tried
Your 'ammunition' for
You were looking for problems but that's a different story
Now I just laugh at my errors... they exist to form me
I don't have the habit of dwelling
That is unimportant
Isaiah four three one eight is what I'm living
Pretty soon... we'd find a mistake to use against me
Why do we have our eyes on thy plate?
If we're condemning...
And we judge like our lives are in shape and paradisiacal
But that's fine though
'Cause time shows what's important to us
There's no need to repeat what leads to more confusion
Everything that I speak and preach is for the future
Let my life be viewed as a means to bring on war solutions
Show the world that God is the
And everybody falls
By your past blunders you are not defined at all
Look at me... you'd see a man of gain and not of loss
Anything that's happened in the past
I am not involved with...
Still always smiling while I'm counting my blessings
Satan, what'd you come up with next? Haha
You trying to use the past huh? Ole busta...
Hahahaha and I'm still progressing...
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As A Kid (Belonging Feels Good) by Dexsta Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Baby's World, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- X MAS, Tiku akp
- Interlude Of Justice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra