As Pablo Neruda Would Say
My Love my journey is at its end
home has lived within me every night
since I've been gone.
I've seen more than I could bear
a world without care
I made friends and fought enemies
found ways to understand different perceptions
and at the same time arrive at a loss for words.
It has been a war out here
day to day a new battlefield
prayers turned into action
actions turned into reward.
Hope of ever returning home gone long ago
alone I stay and through fail attempts
now i find my self returning back to you
What will be of us our children
I do not know for certain
I do know I will smile for where I been
and cry for where I've arrive again.
May God bless our unity with sanity
May life provide us a long life
to hold our grandchildren.
I'm packing my bags and heading home
my inner war is over for this old man.
Gengis Capote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As Pablo Neruda Would Say by Gengis Capote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma