Beware: The Dog
Beware the dog because he's lurking the streets.
Do not let him get between your sheets.
He will do his business, and leave his seed behind.
He will leave you losing your mind.
Thoughts of how cute and sweet he was that night,
Will leave you thinking what you did was right.
He will make you feel as if you were the only one.
When in reality he was headed to the next when ya'll were done.
He's a stray, he belongs to no one.
He's dirty and trashy and sleeps where ever.
A house dog, never.
A street dog, forever.
His eyes will lie; tell you that you have his heart,
But truth is you don't even have a part.
You can take him in and clean him up,
But before you know it he's back rolling in the dirt.
Old dog, new tricks they don't mix.
New dog, old tricks still don't make a fix.
A dog is a dog no matter what the breed.
They're only after what they want and not what they need.
Sweet girl, bad dog that's trouble from the start.
Don't give him nothing especially not your heart.
They lie, they cheat, and sleep around,
But they'll come home when they're covered in fleas.
Beware the dog, because he's lurking the streets.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beware: The Dog by Shukiera Johnson )
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)