There was still
the smell of old affairs
of a student & her teacher
left around Bharat Bhavan,
whose skeletal building
reminds one of the richness in its air.
The lush green expanse of the city
on a rainy day
was in deep slumber.
The old and new
by the not- too-old Birla Temple,
that stands like a scarecrow
between the past and the present.
It is only lakes and lakes,
the way a bride dons
The ghost of a closed mill
haunts the million dreams
shattered decades ago.
Although I suffer from insomnia,
Bhopal knows the art
of deep slumber.
Manu Dash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bhopal by Manu Dash )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR