Black diamonds coruscate
through purple waters
of flooded landscapes.
Roaring, ivory horses
approach the edge of ruby hills.
Green-feathered eagles soar over
a narrow horizon. Only shimmers
of blue armadillos can be seen.
fishes ascend into deserts,
where bony, mane-less lions
chase shadows of magnificent
goddesses. Minds and myths
of lived lives settle into Saturn's brim,
but blue armadillos
are nowhere to be seen.
Mike Acker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blue Armadillos by Mike Acker )
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah