Alejandro A. Tavira
There's guys in the streets dealin',
Making a livin' chillin', from drugs that are killin'.
Don't you see what's going on?
Or are you too gone, from hittin' the bong?
While wishing for fame, it's all 'fun and games'
Until you lose your way,
and everyone who you thought was 'real'
forgets your name.
Alejandro A. Tavira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bong by Alejandro A. Tavira )
- Youth, Yohan Confectioner
- Poetry (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Flowers trick, hasmukh amathalal
- To a loved one that died, Gert Strydom
- Smooth Finisher, Yohan Confectioner
- Detach, gajanan mishra
- ~Go Back To Sleep~, A Ghost
- SFI Appears To Be Most Agggressive, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do and go on, gajanan mishra
- Hurt, Tshering Chekii
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)