Brief Prayer After Viewing Grunewald's 'Isenheim Christ'
'Genuine knowing begins when sentimentality no longer bars the way.'
I, too, have hung
on a cross, my own,
but nonetheless everyone's,
too often disowned,
decried as untrue,
there is no Adversary,
that overbearing Rightness
I only know
that deep night,
that way beyond sentimentality,
that way over and beyond 'the Path'
into the thicket, the swamp
where the god of gators waits,
submerged, calling to me to
step less lightly upon the world.
Warren Falcon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brief Prayer After Viewing Grunewald's 'Isenheim Christ' by Warren Falcon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Eternal Wings of Love, Pintu Mahakul
- Lost, Yasin Engno
- THE PRETTY SUN, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- March against austerity, Bob Johnson
- To remain peaceful, hasmukh amathalal
- Broken, Yasin Engno
- Of War and Peace, Shruti Goswami
- Realizations of a whore, Shruti Goswami
- Promises, Shruti Goswami
- Wonders Of Wondering, david kush