Careful what you wish for
you told me you were done
thinking that you were in love with me
but yesterday while we lay in bed
i think i heard you whisper “i love you'
only when i asked if you said something
you said no
i don’t know why but you seemed warmer then
even though i felt a shiver of disappointment
Poet Other Poems
- Abuelita's Gardening Tips
- As a reminder of who I truly am and what...
- Bits of Me
- Careful what you wish for
- Circles of You
- Don't expect me to say this out loud
- Eleven things that have happened since I...
- Filling Up the Pieces
- Five is a bad number but at least it's g...
- Forget Freedom
- Fossils & Artifacts
- From the three nights I spent with you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.