So you cursed the cop that stopped you while speeding,
He spoiled your day with a monetary fine.
At an earlier accident he helped the causalities that were bleeding,
He got them all to a hospital just in time.
That Cop was doing his duty you know,
He has seen all kinds of crime and criminals too.
To be helpful at an accident he is not slow,
What’s more he has more than enough other work to do.
Family quarrels where violence prevails,
Faces of young children filled with fear.
I won’t go into the gory horrible details,
But it is that very same Cop that is called do you hear?
Rules are made by Governments and courts,
The Cop has to see that they are obeyed.
His is a job filled with dangers fraught,
He is always on the look out sometimes with nerves that are frayed.
So don’t curse the Cop that is obeying the law,
Be polite perhaps it is your life the next to be saved.
Give him credit for a job well done for sure,
An ordinary cop you are deep in his debt for you his life he braved.
Bernard Shaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cursed Cop. by Bernard Shaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raindrops On The Window Pane (Greek), Elia Michael
- Did Jesus Make Love?, Monk E. Biz
- Darkness and Light, Terrance Tracy
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES من بطون الايام, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hide and sick play, gajanan mishra
- Hide and sick, gajanan mishra
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It is better to write a poem, gajanan mishra
- Years are fine, Cigeng Zhang
- Mother, Benhardi Dicka