My mind whither cause of despair,
I am sunk in the world of futility,
LIke a stagnant water of the fen.
I walk, following the trail,
Then I saw a hamlet in the distance,
I drawl because of my curiousity,
Expecting no answer because it's sounds crazy,
No one is with me.
I draw near, more step forward
and i am almost there,
I reached it, i balk when i heard the music,
For sure someone is playing a zither.
playing a funeral dirge.
I don't have time to sympathize now,
I am tired, slow and weak.
My heart always sad because devastation take place the room of my joy.
And now i am thinking,
where is the place of happiness?
i need a room to stay there,
To lay my self in the chamber of satisfaction,
To wear the robe of endless laughter,
And to bathe in the genuine love,
that will consume my life a reason to live.
Didith Marcelo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (De Profundis by Didith Marcelo )
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns