I hear you’re listening in on me.
How can that be?
I’m Just an American citizen.
I’m not a criminal.
I’m just an individual.
Trying to live the American dream,
So give me a break and go check out the neighbor down the street that screams Islam to his neighbors.
And just let me continue to dream, the free American dream.
By, the way, I know you heard that I need some cream for my morning coffee.
As you know the alarm goes off at seven.
I expect you not to be late.
For who knows the fate,
Of the post American dream.
America wakeup, they’re now getting into our morning coffee.
By, Patricia Kriegel-Kelley
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dear NSA by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Date (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman