Definition of Who I am Suppose to be
I don’t know if everyone wonders what was what before it was something
But I speak for myself when I say that I always wonder how something would be if it doesn’t exist
But who am I to say what I feel when I’m just a child who is surrounded by adults
Who am I to judge people who judge me?
Who am I to do what I want or what I feel?
Who am I to know what is best for me?
Who am I to know anything?
It’s like when you try to talk, but an adult interrupts and there is nothing you can do about it because they’ll get upset, you’ll get upset, and then depressed, then angry all over again.
That’s what it means
Just sit, quiet, not a word, not a sound, not even a thought cause they’ll hear
Definitely no privacy
That’s the meaning
That is what its all about
That’s how it goes
That’s what they want
That’s what I’m taking everyday from adults
That’s how I am
That’s the definition of who I am supposed to be!
Chatara Conway's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Definition of Who I am Suppose to be by Chatara Conway )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Inner Power, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Start anew, gajanan mishra
- BACK TO SCHOOL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Melancholia (haiku), hap rochelle
- قصه ماه 1, ALI MOSLEHI
- life is fair........., RIC S. BASTASA
- when you are alone you become a thinker, RIC S. BASTASA
- all dirty clothes wrapped in cellophane, RIC S. BASTASA
- the way i want it, RIC S. BASTASA
- an early morning canvass, RIC S. BASTASA