In the face of your
My tender ego
Into a bruised Silence
Like a shivering dove
Facing a tottering shaft.
As the renewed vigor of your arrogance
Trample over and subjugate
The finer blades of my dreams
My masculine bravery
Gets taken over
By an enduring timidity.
I dare not confide
The cherished chapter of my autobiography,
As I get reduced
Into a shameless mass of destitution.
R.K Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Destitution by R.K Das )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara