Don't Follow The Crowd
I remember thinking back...
There's a better life
See we can't expect to make it if we never try
If you see a chance then take it
The calumny and hating
Wicked statements and the devil's lies
Black men we can do it!
Know you only need a mission and relentless pursuing
A relationship with God
From athletics to music
Don't forget about our Lord or your vision is useless
We are special...
And you don't need to prove it
Be sure you're not following the crowd
They don't know the Lord but He's knocking on their houses
Open up the doors!
Instead of plopping on the couches
Only He can save our souls!
In more danger than they know...
Satan made them think it's lame having dreams and chasing goals
Homie everyone is cool just as long as you are low
If you ever try to move up...
They're coming for your throat
You can trust because I know!
Homie this will never change
Ice or butter on a grill's flame still will melt the same
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Follow The Crowd by Dexsta Ray )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Mother the First and Best teacher of my .., Antonio Liao
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Pagan World, Matthew Arnold
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda