Don't Follow The Crowd
I remember thinking back...
There's a better life
See we can't expect to make it if we never try
If you see a chance then take it
The calumny and hating
Wicked statements and the devil's lies
Black men we can do it!
Know you only need a mission and relentless pursuing
A relationship with God
From athletics to music
Don't forget about our Lord or your vision is useless
We are special...
And you don't need to prove it
Be sure you're not following the crowd
They don't know the Lord but He's knocking on their houses
Open up the doors!
Instead of plopping on the couches
Only He can save our souls!
In more danger than they know...
Satan made them think it's lame having dreams and chasing goals
Homie everyone is cool just as long as you are low
If you ever try to move up...
They're coming for your throat
You can trust because I know!
Homie this will never change
Ice or butter on a grill's flame still will melt the same
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Follow The Crowd by Dexsta Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Have Been Called, Lilly Emery
- Smoke Without Fire, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Weeds and Blooms, Donal Mahoney
- <<<<Twist and turn, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<my mother land, Abdul Wahab
- Smell of sweat, gajanan mishra
- << Potherb of love, Abdul Wahab
- Cats Like Denny, Dexsta Ray
- <<< I dare you all, Abdul Wahab
- إلى صديقة خائفة, نزار قباني