Don't Have A Happy Holiday
We won’t wish you Seasons Greetings
or a Happy Holiday.
We won’t write Merry Xmas
because the “X” takes Christ away.
We celebrate our Saviors birth
around our Christmas tree,
and wish a “Merry Christmas”,
to our friends and family.
We love our Lord and Savior
and find joy in His name,
and Christmas without “Christ”
would never be the same.
In celebrating Christmas
Don’t take Christ’s name away.
Wish all a “MERRY CHRISTMAS”
Not a Happy Holiday.
MERRY CHRISTMAS! ”
Ron Tranmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Don't Have A Happy Holiday by Ron Tranmer )
- Doubts emerge, hasmukh amathalal
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)