Erato My Muse Of Love Poetry. (Part 3)
But true love never does run smooth. His approach was all wrong.
For Erato was to disapprove her vehemence so strong.
How could this puny, mortal man woo a lovely goddess
and dare to consider a plan to spoil her loveliness?
So she banished him from her sight and the poet lay dead
and his ability to write had disappeared and fled.
No more words of love were spoken her rebuke pierced him through
unrequited love had broken his tender heart in two.
Erato's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Erato My Muse Of Love Poetry. (Part 3) by Erato )
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
- Tread, thread!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Father Dearest., Tom Higgins
- Are We There Yet?, Tom Higgins
- Poles, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fictional Love, Stacey Austin
- Too Late Again., Tom Higgins
- Cutting my losses., michael walker
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)