font color='black'bAm I In Love again? May be or may be not
I can't see criss-cross crust of market-cooked pie
Without imagining hands held and once again wondering why.
Shivering in excitement,
I buy the pie and more
Eating ice cream always soothes my heart's open sore.
Sighing hard as I head home
Sighing so hard my collar bone cracks
as if I might explode.
Am I in love again?
Now, sprawled on my bed
Attention paid to fan above
Lights dancing in celebratory shows
against the darkness dangling
over my head's hanging wisps
As if in gaiety.
Will my friends and family find me finally
Resting my heart agreeing:
Peaceful inside, a happy tortoise hiding
Tacit acceptance of life’s biting
I may be or may be not....
Time: 00: 35
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (font color='black'bAm I In Love again? May be or may be not by Mahfooz Ali )
- Bride And Groom, Jeannette Heywood
- Lincoln And Thanksgiving, Saiom Shriver
- Fears are worse....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sleep, Akhil Zoomin
- Theres No Substitute For A Hard Worker, Katherine Perry
- I was not there, gajanan mishra
- two trees, lee fones
- Shiva Neelakanta, Saiom Shriver
- Dawn, Suresh Dogra
- On white page, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)