font color='black'bAm I In Love again? May be or may be not
I can't see criss-cross crust of market-cooked pie
Without imagining hands held and once again wondering why.
Shivering in excitement,
I buy the pie and more
Eating ice cream always soothes my heart's open sore.
Sighing hard as I head home
Sighing so hard my collar bone cracks
as if I might explode.
Am I in love again?
Now, sprawled on my bed
Attention paid to fan above
Lights dancing in celebratory shows
against the darkness dangling
over my head's hanging wisps
As if in gaiety.
Will my friends and family find me finally
Resting my heart agreeing:
Peaceful inside, a happy tortoise hiding
Tacit acceptance of life’s biting
I may be or may be not....
Time: 00: 35
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (font color='black'bAm I In Love again? May be or may be not by Mahfooz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- *XII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Simply Spoken School Of Life, Heather Burns
- Simply Spoken Obtaining, Heather Burns
- WILD FLOWERS IN THE PATOS ORCHARD, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Simply Spoken Foundation, Heather Burns
- yup, you know i love you, Mandolyn ...
- Time Machine, Tammy Ashton
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote