font color='black'bAm I In Love again? May be or may be not
I can't see criss-cross crust of market-cooked pie
Without imagining hands held and once again wondering why.
Shivering in excitement,
I buy the pie and more
Eating ice cream always soothes my heart's open sore.
Sighing hard as I head home
Sighing so hard my collar bone cracks
as if I might explode.
Am I in love again?
Now, sprawled on my bed
Attention paid to fan above
Lights dancing in celebratory shows
against the darkness dangling
over my head's hanging wisps
As if in gaiety.
Will my friends and family find me finally
Resting my heart agreeing:
Peaceful inside, a happy tortoise hiding
Tacit acceptance of life’s biting
I may be or may be not....
Time: 00: 35
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (font color='black'bAm I In Love again? May be or may be not by Mahfooz Ali )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin
- A Self-defeating Victory, Rajesh Thankappan
- One With The Infinite God, Saiom Shriver
- I See The Ground, Naveed Akram
- Tears And Smiles..., Khairul Ahsan
- Prefix: Finding The Measure, Robert Kelly
- EbOnY fL0wEr$ - Scene From Ivory Towers, sEaN nOrTh