Lawrence S. Pertillar
Grown Folks Continue to Roll Eyeballs
No steps should one take backward...
Unless they are in some game.
It's okay if something is to be learned.
If something from hindsight will change.
But some aren't prepared to learn at all.
Unless they qualify who teaches...
And why they should learn.
Leaving lessons missed,
With minds left twisted to drift.
And arguments over who has learned...
Anything at all.
Opportunities become stagnant...
And grown folks continue to roll eyeballs.
As if there was something in their heads connecting.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grown Folks Continue to Roll Eyeballs by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Mister Bojangles, Jim Yerman
- My Life will get back...., Abhijit Surve
- The Far Away Call, John Ugolo Umah
- Beautifully Broken, Electric Lady
- Once in a Paradise, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Under surveillance, gajanan mishra
- HEY POET,, ROCHISH MON
- The Eighth Sin, Sri Ram
- global, Paola Degli Esposti
- मा जालांखो, Ronjoy Brahma