Standing among the inconsolable.
Shoulders meet, faces greet.
Unshedded tears gasping for air.
Painted with the buds of sweet smells
Reminiscing of a life that once stood
among this vibrant cluster of hues.
Her eyes reflecting
Shades of yesterdays
hazed over with red, white and blue.
My arm wraps around her,
a simple hold releases
the sea of tears crashing
into her hands.
All we've known, oceans apart.
All we are, side by side.
Words never uttered
Everything is spoken.
Only love will keep her afloat.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heartsick by Mo Piquette )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 December 1943 -)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- My Assignment., BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher
- Saranè, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Sex Sonnet, Luis Estable
- Ripping A Seam, Saiom Shriver
- You Are My World, Gillu Rahul
- The Hype Is Gone, Tony Adah