Holly Cricchio Love Poem #12
The love of a woman has motivated scores of men.
She will come upon you like the day onto the night.
To shift your reality like winds move sandy mountains,
or crumble your reality like sand castles at high tide.
She can take your spirt to heights of unbridled passion,
consuming your world with her love and her touch,
till the universe conforms to her design
and yours becomes a trophy of her desire.
Her arrogance can cause her to take liberties,
to test the limits of your devotion and love,
and defeat the logic that defines a man,
who quickly yields to uncontrollable emotion...
...then in your rage she stops you with her smile,
for her whispers will replace her sinister fire...
her universe slowly engulfs your indignation
and her embrace reconstructs your sanity.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Holly Cricchio Love Poem #12 by VINCENT CRICCHIO )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Highest Weight Bearing Beam, Michael McParland
- The Grind, Michael McParland
- The Fool I Am, Michael McParland
- The End, Michael McParland
- The Devil Inside, Michael McParland
- The Clearing, Michael McParland
- The Arrival, Michael McParland
- The Answer, Michael McParland
- A Message from Heaven, Clara Keiper
- Sweet Loving Mammeries, Michael McParland