How is life?
Where I was
Where I wished to be
Where I stand now is
Just the opposite
Can't go backward
But to keep on moving forward.
Dreams are mere dreams
Don't know whether dreams were fulfilled any.
Anything that made you pleasant
one can say yes.
If one asks
Are you happy in your life?
This question is too tough!
It's like having a bitter juice in a glass
and say cheers to self!
It's a thought provoking question for me.
Reply to this question one may answer at the end.
As beginning till end is full of mystery, twists and turns.
Today, End matters much
Cant say regarding its beginning as it was not in our hands.
No answer to this
Still I say
Life is Beautiful!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How is life? by Geetha Jayakumar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy
- Knowing and accepting, gajanan mishra
- Lady of Enigma, NimmyMAry Kurian