Dwight Moody Bernardo
I Didn't Have I Didn't Have Wings
Looks like I've met the END
the end of dreams...
the end of things I reached for...
It was at the scope of my hand...
It was grasp away...
but my path was against it....
now I couldn't reach it...
why did I even think that I could break through...
why did even try to fly...
Now I realized.. i didn't have wings...
I was just again a Robot after all...
I was creating a world of my own...
Fantasy and dreams of things untold..
Freedom my heart wanted to behold..
But all of these were just Unreal..
My hands was locked.. My chains are here..
thus I still tried to fly...
now I fall down... In tears... I die...
Dwight Moody Bernardo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Didn't Have I Didn't Have Wings by Dwight Moody Bernardo )
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
- Rain at the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)