In heaven, or hate driven
God bless use-before expiry date,
Marriage knots no more of Pearly plait
Be, but of two short years!
Not being bubbly beers,
The froth lasts a short span; so’s knot’s fate!
The law makers in Mexico are toying with the idea of
passing a controversial legislation that puts a two-year
expiry date on marriages. How should we in India react?
We, with a rising divorce rate in our metros, say Mumbai,
where two out of five marriages fail, where as in Gujarat’s
Ahmedabad, contract marriages are not unknown, the
institution of marriage is perhaps crumbling fast; ‘till
death do us part’ seems like anachronism, as live-in
relationships are being accepted widely.
But who am I to sit in judgment of what others do?
For now, let me live with this Limerick.
- Happenings | 04.10.11 |
Aniruddha Pathak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In heaven, or hate driven by Aniruddha Pathak )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein
- Respect, David Harris
- Universally Respected, James Brunton Stephens
- Went up a year this evening!, Emily Dickinson
- A Christmas Carol, William Topaz McGonagall
- RESPECT, don wilson
- Myself, Edgar Albert Guest
- Heavenly Father, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Let's Be Positively Civilized, Sandra Feldman
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin
- A Spirit Forever Free, Spiritwind Wood