In heaven, or hate driven
God bless use-before expiry date,
Marriage knots no more of Pearly plait
Be, but of two short years!
Not being bubbly beers,
The froth lasts a short span; so’s knot’s fate!
The law makers in Mexico are toying with the idea of
passing a controversial legislation that puts a two-year
expiry date on marriages. How should we in India react?
We, with a rising divorce rate in our metros, say Mumbai,
where two out of five marriages fail, where as in Gujarat’s
Ahmedabad, contract marriages are not unknown, the
institution of marriage is perhaps crumbling fast; ‘till
death do us part’ seems like anachronism, as live-in
relationships are being accepted widely.
But who am I to sit in judgment of what others do?
For now, let me live with this Limerick.
- Happenings | 04.10.11 |
Aniruddha Pathak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In heaven, or hate driven by Aniruddha Pathak )
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)