Instructions For Doctors And Next Of Kin At My Death (Some Guidelines) ...... [Personal; in 7 short sextions; 2006]
Section The First: At my death some restrictions apply:
If in Monroe County when I die
U. of R. Med School will get me for their supply.
Dying out of Monroe,
please tie tag to my toe,
pay, and get me to a Med School nearby.
Section The Second: Besides location, there are other restrictions:
U. of R. Med wants all my limbs there,
delivered a in day or less; seems fair.
No nasty diseases,
too much fat displeases,
have yellow donor card or beware!
Section The Third: Let’s hope it’s the last time I burn!
If dead too long for Med School to take,
my disposal should still be.... a “piece of cake”.
Find an incinerator...
(the cheaper the greater) :
at two thousand degrees, “ashes” you rake.
Section The Fourth: If I’m only half-dead! (See other donor card!) :
Though Med School should be cheapest way,
I’ve got money for ‘end’,.... so I say:
“If you could give my parts,
to give others fresh starts,
docs and others you have my O.K.! ”
Section The Fifth: OR Save on air pollution and help a tree grow:
If you could, and not get in trouble,
you could toss what’s left with the rubble.
You don’t even need to burn.... me;
enough worms will then......turn me...
to fertilizer “on the double”.
Section The Sixth: Last expenses for “dear old B.E.”:
As of this day, finances are fine.
Cash needed at death CAN be mine.
If no time to get at.... it...
don’t worry about that.. a bit;
I should still have a good credit line.
Section The Last: “Blurb” at least rhymes with “disturb” (and it’s close to what I mean) :
I (sort of) hope these don’t you disturb.
I thought it time.... for this lengthy blurb.
I MAY outlive you ALL,
or.... from a HIGH building fall,
OR be ‘gone’ when I step off this curb.
Poet Other Poems
- (Knotty) Conundrum; Naughty Condom (Or...
- (Marriage) Equality..... [see the tit...
- (Money) Laundering...... [White collar?...
- [Humor] Speak To Me, Moon..... [Speaking...
- [Humor]..... Not Sharing MY Food With Th...
- [Jake's] Christmas Eve.....[Exploration;...
- [War] Boy In An Envelope..... [War (Vi...
- 100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] .........
- 123.... Shabu.....[Mystery language fun;...
- 1AAA..... 'Wrong Verification Code'....[...
- 2013..... Happy New Year! ..... [Serious...
- 5 'Religious' Limericks.... [some 2006 t...
- 5th Wedding Anniversary...... [nicknames...
- '6 Foot 3'......[LONG; Scary; Gross; Mur...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
until life insurance premiums become prohibitive, i have several policies from which most of the benefits should go to non-profit organizations i support.
(February 17,2006; edited 2013)