GAYLE ANNE GOFF
JACK FROST NIPPING AT YOUR NOSE
Another Winter is upon us now.
Jack Frost is here to nip at your
The snow is here with
its own kind of magic.
The snow today, is just right
Not to fluffy, and not too wet.
Just right for the first snowman
of the season
We'll roll our first ball, so
big.and pat it smooth.
It has to be real big.
It has to be a two person
ball. To be just right.
The next ball rolled, its a bit
The final one no bigger
than your own head.
that one real smooth.
We'll take grandpas old
red scarf, and wrap around
We'll use grandmas old
black coat buttons. for
eyes and a nose.
And a mouth made out of coal.
Dad has an old New Years
black top hat.
Two limbs for arms.
And my old blue mittens
for his hands
Each kid thinks his snowman
is the best.
Its taken a whole afternoon
And only a wink of an eye
to turn to a puddle.
Thats what making a snowman
is all about.
Its the memories you make
and treasure for years to come.
GAYLE ANNE GOFF's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JACK FROST NIPPING AT YOUR NOSE by GAYLE ANNE GOFF )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man
- Happy I go Unhappy I Go, Akhtar Jawad
- Magical Glass of Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Timeless Ticking, Justin Sisson
- With terror, hasmukh amathalal
- Stars, Justin Sisson
- A Woman Strong, Justin Sisson