M.D Dinesh Nair
Kushwant Singh's Jokes Off The Sardarji Track.. - Poem by M.D Dinesh Nair
Kushwant Singh usually cracked jokes on the Sardarjies of his own Sikh community..
But here are a few jokes he has cracked off the Sardarji track...
These jokes based on how Indians use ungrammatical and funny English have been reproduced in different forms on various pages...
1. An employee applying for two days leave of absence wrote like this - Sir, As I am going to a crematorium and may not return, request you to declare two days holidays..please.
2. Another employee wrote asking for three days leave of absence - Sir, I am going to dispose of my village land along with my wife and so grant me 3 days of leave.
3. A school student who applied for leave on account of illness wrote to the Head Teacher - Madam, As I am studying in your school, I am suffering from a head ache and fever and please, grant me leave for two-three days.
4. A man proposing to conduct his daughter`s marriage at home wrote to his friend - Though I am somehow trying to marry my daughter at the earliest, my wife is delaying it hoping to get her nephew`s nod to marry her, What shall you do?
5. A visiting English language expert read this line written on a black board in an Indian school -'UNITTED WE STANT, DIVIDED WE FAL'
and asked angrily, ' Who is the English Teacher here? '.Pat came the reply from a teacher, ' Sir, I is the English teacher'. Then the shell shocked English expert wondered back, ' Are you the English teacher? . At this the English teacher gave his reply, ' Sir, I are the English teacher'. The fuming expert shouted, ' Get out' and the English teacher said to the students, ' You all get out'....
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Kushwant Singh's Jokes Off The Sardarji Track.. by M.D Dinesh Nair
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.