Lord Mortimer - fish in mouth-
Lord Mortimer! The fish you kept in mouth
became a symbol by rejected dames
the knights who scorned thy trout were blokes uncouth
to sword and joust thus they are challenged, games.
The fish that carefully defined your pride
to object turned of mockery and sneer;
Lord Gilbert who implied this apartheid
escorted kind some playful Londoneer!
And in the gardens of Keats' house they walked
Lord Gilbert softly had recited verse
'bout cookie-cutter sharks that black sheep flocked
her aoristic feelings to coerce.
The dame advanced his brilliancy to heights
where verses hymned the longest lance joust fights.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lord Mortimer - fish in mouth- by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Firewater, Sadiqullah Khan
- Multiplied By Each Mind, Margaret Alice Second
- de reporter, co the skipper
- Knock the Door Down, Sadiqullah Khan
- Trails Of Love, Lilly Emery
- The Scars, Sadiqullah Khan
- Much Grief, Sadiqullah Khan
- Coffee Republic, Sadiqullah Khan
- Beauty, Claudia Andrea Casas
- Father-son, Nassy Fesharaki