What do I seek in the face of a child
Is what i have lost in me with growth of hair.
I have two choices; he has none.
Having choices is not good everytime.
For i choose between right and evil,
And he knows no evil.
His face is a mirror to his heart.
Mine is a curtain to hide the evil in me.
Some day, he too would be
Acquaintance to evil like me.
I just pray for the delay in the process.
Amann Aroraa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Losing Innocence by Amann Aroraa )
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck
- For truth only, gajanan mishra
- Clouds Out To Lunch, Robert Rorabeck
- Trouble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Integrity Practiced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Grandparents' Trailer Home, Robert Rorabeck
- A Warriors Song of Remembrance., Kaila George
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle