I can't last a day without you,
it would not be complete;
for without you, I am lost,
and wander in the street.
Going round in circles, lost,
I cannot find my way;
I'm without a compass,
and don't know how to pray.
Don't know how to live my life,
I laugh instead of cry;
I'm missing out on love,
and don't know the reason why.
Must there be a reason then?
for all my trials and trouble?
guess I'm a soul in limbo,
searching through the rubble.
Why do I doubt you Lord?
is it because of sin?
or that spectre in my face,
that knows just where I've been?
Help me in my faith Lord,
so I can tear apart this wall;
so I can see more clearly,
so I will not fall.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost by David Lessard )
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus