Love Cannot Be Told
Rainy days are for loving,
Skin to skin,
Eye to eye,
Heartbeat to heartbeat...
Sex is the flower
Because of love.
I became the writer of love poems,
And though you thought yourself
To be simply an onlooker,
And will not, be denied.
You are no wordless little bird,
Lost in the trees,
Unable to see the woods,
But a poet with the heart of an eagle.
The poems have not died within,
For the words are the living breath of you,
And that living breath within you
Has become the breath of life for me.
Breath becomes a touch,
Your touch becomes a caress,
Your caress becomes the kiss of life,
And my life becomes...
And the bloom smells sweeter,
Is more intoxicating,
Bringing on the need for
Until life itself demands it.
The kiss, with a life of its own,
Is returned with a depth of emotion,
Hard to understand,
Impossible to tell...
And becomes one
Of life's perfect gifts.
That kiss says...
What cannot be said,
It is the wordless saying
Of what has to be said.....
Of what cannot be said....
Of what can only be said..
Which takes the very breath
From the body,
Unable to speak words...
Words which are
Our feeble attempt to tell,
Driving poets mad,
Because all we have
Words which fail us
So we are driven to write
Poem after poem,
In vain hope
That there exists the one poem
Which won't fail us.
Ah, vain hope,
Hopeless writer in love,
Trying to tell,
To let the world know
About the kiss...
Skin touches skin,
That words can only begin to...
Begin to understand...
A caress is a wordless word...
That can be said.
A kiss is a blossoming
(With baited breath)
The silver flashing
Of the soul.
Co-written by Donall Dempsey and Scarlett Treat. Bits and pieces kept going back and forth, forth and back, until this work came to be.
An example of poets at work, trying, struggling to put into words the emotions felt - - the hardest task any poet can assign to himself or herself.
Scarlett Treat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Cannot Be Told by Scarlett Treat )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscientious Objector, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi
- Commencement of Spring, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second
- Beware, Tony md chamasense