My first cup of coffee,
such an ordinary pleasure;
to start the morning wake,
to the day, take measure.
a cup of joe, most satisfying,
the warm brew lifts the veil;
the brain becomes awake,
and sleep leaves in its trail.
the body limbers up,
the arms stretch up and wide;
the former things have passed,
this day has a brand new side.
the sun is there, behind a cloud,
the dawn is rising, quick and fast;
and I will greet this day,
and forget about the past.
the past, where no one lives,
the past, this day is dying;
the future beckons with the sun,
and me, God knows, I'm trying.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New day by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To Nuke the Mirror, Madrason writer
- Nothing Beats Love, Lilly Emery
- Resolution, Alex Adeoye
- The way of the champion, Alex Adeoye
- Judging A Woman, Randy McClave
- Water and Ink, Carly Hagerty
- feel IT in the hair,, george albot
- Battles above, and Battles below, Lilly Emery
- Philosophy, Nassy Fesharaki
- GOD'S BLESSINGS, Tom Zart