There is a mob in the backyard,
protesting my nightmare.
They wear t-shirts bearing the image,
of the man who wants me dead.
They chant the same 'Down With Jeff! ' slogan
so forcefully I swear it has a shadow.
What have I done to deserve this?
I pick up a sign and move among them,
like a kind of silence murderers return to.
I join the chant against me,
and for the first time I feel a sense of belonging.
Jeffrey McDaniel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Objectivity by Jeffrey McDaniel )
- What The Culture Drug In - Da Dammerrung.., Warren Falcon
- my thumbs were once pro twiddlers, Mandolyn ...
- Await for your return, Fluorescent Reality
- Serenade To Love, David Harris
- MONSTER FORCE WARS, shannon strauss
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- Light, Neela Nath
- Inbetweeness-painful midlife blues, Nalini Chaturvedi
- In that april shadow, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Remembering Love, Ron Baratono