One Day You Will See
Lock stock and barrel
Nigh the cobblestone...
Small minds seek problems
Take the drama
My every action is probably wrong
According to the critics
I haven't asked to be coddled
I don't really care
I see opinions as bottle notes
Drifting in the sea of the night
Lost souls seek shelter
Can we be a light?
But I see there is freedom in Christ
I promise you I won't have trouble sleeping tonight
Stand strong even if you stand alone
Just the other day...
An abolitionist I knew for a minute
Pondered up the word
What's it's true definition?
What's fame, cash and pride?
Just a few contradictions
Still opening the eyes of the youth who'll listen
To the truth...
And every activist are the proof!
I can surely see the changes they're envisioning too
Real people are survivors
Admiration is due
Giving glory to the Lord before they take it from you
They are vessels...
They are where I'm planning to be
There is nothing that was handed to me
Focused on the positive
I took command of a dream
Try to make a dollar then lend a hand to my peeps
Now what's the definition of real?
Are you fake if you wasn't sent to prison or killed?
The struggle made us tough
Help our children to heal
Maybe if they hear enough we'll convince them to live
Thank God for the ones supporting me!
I'd probably end a poem right now normally
Don't allow opinions to adumbrate your truth
A couple won't support me
But there's others that do
Since you know your story you have nothing to prove
Pay attention to the positive
The others will lose and be removed
Permanently from your life
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Day You Will See by Dexsta Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man He Killed, Thomas Hardy
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai